Saturday, September 11, 2004

WallPaper (alias crawlpaper)

Trying to Google around for a useful wallpaper changer can be a pain. It seems that everything that comes up falls in one of the following unfortunate categories:
  • supported by adware (or worse!)
  • endowed with a less than friendly user interface
  • missing features I want



Crawlpaper
Posted by Hello

Until I thought to check for a wallpaper changer at Sourceforge - there are so many great programs there that I figured somebody had to have something decent that met my needs. Enter WallPaper (alias crawlpaper) ("the hardcore of Windows desktop"). Wallpaper has a nice enough UI, lets me configure it as I please and includes a wealth of other features (image browser, mp3 player, tag editor, stream ripper, thumbnail generation, web crawler) that I still have yet to touch although they all sound cool. But at least I can easily manage the wallpaper list (you'd be surprised how many programs screw up this core task!), and if I ever wonder about something I can read through the documentation which is fairly complete. And it's always nice to know I can grab an hour of Secret Agent music from SomaFM to timeshift to my MP3 player for while I'm walking around. This program is far more than a simple wallpaper changer...

Addendum - I should note that the author has some adult images on his site. You don't have to scroll down to them when downloading the program, but they're still there. Tacky.

2 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Blogger asd said...

I didn't notice any option in Picasa to even set a single image as a backdrop, let alone create a wallpaper playlist for it to cycle through. Maybe I missed something..

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger asd said...

Whatever you have to tell yourself to sleep at night...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home