Tuesday, September 07, 2004

amazingmail

Away from issues of software protection and piracy and onto a neat little company that's grown and found a niche and become quite successful. amazingmail lets you create postcards that they print and send for you. The fun in this is that if you're an amateur photographer or image editor you can do all the fun postcard-y image manipulations exactly how you like, and probably have things turn out better than with the storebought cards. Of course, these cost more in terms of time and money (I think it's $1/$1.50 a card for the 4x6/6x9 cards). But I've had fun with them - it's awesome to me that I can use as much of the card space as possible for images...embedding the text within the images and removing all the white space I can. The company lives mostly from businesses that use them to mail their customers but have kept around the individual side of things as well, which makes me happy.

The only problem is that I seldom set aside enough time to put together a nice card, which means I end up with a bunch of credits sitting in my account waiting for me to get off my ass. Heh..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home